Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Bright Colored Packages

Hi everyone....Jetta here. The holidays are on their way with lots of shopping, cooking,  bake sales, and visiting friends and family. I can't seem to think of making any jewelry that isn't winter or Holiday in theme.

I am always drawn to red, gold, green, and gingerbread. This first pair is a classic maroon with snowflakes I call 'Sleigh Ride'. I wanted to really capture the snowflakes in the tin charms from Star Spirit studio So I choose little vintage rhinestone charms to dangle below flower beadcaps and raspberry ceramic rounds.



I made three pairs of holiday earrings and they are all very different from each other.  But I can see wearing all of them during the holiday season. This pair I named 'Haul out the Holly'. Yep, I have Johnny Mathis' voice singing merrily in my head for these earring. Just simple patina Greek swirl leaf charms with red seed pods hanging in clusters. Add copper ear wires from the talented Lucy Haslam of Faerystone and there is holly cheer.


Lastly, are my two 'Turtle Doves' in scrummy gingerbread and crème brulee colored ceramic bird charms by Gaea. I dressed these fluffy birds up with vintage shimmery golden Lucite beads, vintage gold painted basket weave Lucite beads, and gold-filled daisy spacers. Then I topped with cute gold-filled ear wires.


I hope your days are filled with joy and holiday fun. I will see you again in two weeks...which will be on Christmas Day!!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings! I especially like the 'Haul out the Holly' ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I love how these came together xx

      Delete
  2. All three pairs are wonderful, Jetta. My favorite (if I had to choose one) would be the last one. That soft color pink is so beautiful. Wishing you wonderful pre-christmas Day-days with lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! Wishing you a wonderful new year xx

      Delete
  3. All beautiful, really love the ones with the bright red berries/rose hips x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never quite wrap my brain around making things that are too overtly holiday themed. But what I like about all of these is that they are festive without being too overly burdened by the festivities, if you know what I mean. I actually adore that holly pair. So pretty and stylized and perfect for this time of year! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin...I understand what you are saying completely. I wanted to have a bit of fun with these. I wanted them to be festive but could still be worn the rest of the year, too.

      Delete
  5. Jetta you are really good at this! 😁 No, that's not an exclamation of surprise! lol Just reminding you that I love what you do. All of them are lovely. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norbel...this group is a powerhouse of talented jewelry designers. Makes me work harder to come up with pieces that are worthy of this magic group.

      Delete
    2. It's true, there is a whole lot of talent here, isn't there. But you are a part of that "whole lot of talent." I am so happy you joined us. <3

      Delete
  6. Perfect, every pair! You do this so well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delectable earrings, each and every pair! I hope your holidays are merry and bright, Jetta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridy...I had a lot of fun making them. I hope you have a lovely holiday, too!

      Delete