Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beach Finds

I'm loving beach pottery at the moment.


As each piece is unique, every one holds different design possibilities. I was particularly pleased with this pair (am I allowed to say that?!), so much so, I've kept them for myself and I'm wearing them right now!  Of course, you can go out and try to find your own beach pottery if you're by the coast, but if you're not, there are some lovely selections that are available on Etsy, like this bundle from Tideline Designs.


And here's another pretty selection, from Borealis Sea Glass.


I hope this post might have enticed you to try out some beach pottery in your designs.

Farewell for now, Claire
(something to do with your hands)

21 comments:

  1. I love old beach glass and pottery shards. Thanks for sharing these sources, going to have to take a look. Love the earrings too, not surprised you're keeping them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi - There is quite a lot listed on Etsy, although a little less since I've been stocking up on it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty earrings, Claire, thanks for sharing the tip. I had not heard of beach pottery before. Definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - glad to have turned you on to something new!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful earrings Claire! I love finding stuff on the beach! We found a couple of very tiny pieces last year when visiting California- but nothing like these. But still very fun to collect! Knowing it's been tumbling around in the wild of the ocean for so long... it's amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love this design--charming! You made the two pieces work so well together. I had no idea you could buy beach pottery--off to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to have found you something new to spend money on!

      Delete
  6. What great finds! I love that they are asymmetrical but perfectly balanced. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such a hard time with non-matching earrings. This pair is beautiful though. I love the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! Beach pottery is so nice!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've bought these from Tideline Designs in the past. They're quite expensive though, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you buy it, you do tend to pay out - mind you, it's a big bundle and it's all been drilled...

      Delete
  10. I knew of beach glass, but had never heard of beach pottery, although it stands to reason that it would exist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete