Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019



“Pink will always show one's love.”
― Anthony T. Hincks

 To keep a bit of organized chaos at my workspace, I've made a habit of keeping the lids of small boxes near me.  As I search through my stash, usually looking for something completely unrelated,  I toss in components, beads and odds & ends of things I feel will complement each other for a possible future project.  Sometimes the combinations never get used and other times, magic happens!


Over the past few months, I noticed this beautiful mixture of pinks come together in one of those lids.


The top fuchsia beads are from the 1960s, extremely unique with texture in a resin that I hadn't seen before.  They almost have a foiled appearance and have a cast of orange in certain light.  Amazing.


Next, I added these outstanding satin, raspberry-colored, vintage glass pearls from the 1950s.  They have THE most beautiful soft, almost metallic sheen to them.  Super lovely next to the rough textured resin!




Then by chance, I ran across some stunning hot pink headpins by Sasha Crow which completed the look!  *dropped the mic* I knew it was the right combination and the earrings were finished!


Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to!  I'll be back next month with more goodies!

Loralee xo

www.loraleekolton.etsy.com

5 comments:

  1. Simplicity loaded with color and texture.....stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Loralee. I might start trying that as well. And these are stunning! As Lindsay said: pinkaluscious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!! I love the bright pink, and I always love your wonderful balance of fancy and rustic.

    ReplyDelete