Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

We're All Ears :: March Challenge :: Leaping Greenly

If you are living in the upper half of the US, you might be experiencing a white-out of epic proportions. Here is the snow hill where my kids used to go to school. The kids there were in heaven, rolling and tumbling and making forts. I can assure you that it was never, ever this high when my son was playing king of the hill. 

MAKE.IT.STOP.
Everywhere I look I am surrounded by white. The snow drifts around these parts are higher than my car in a lot of places, making it dangerous to just inch out onto a road. [And it seems neverending! I heard a prediction of -40 degrees again on Monday...guess that means I will have to put socks back on!] 

I know that last month I was all enamored of the sparkling beauty of the snowflake but this month I am all.....pffffffft.

I was going through my now defunct blog [treasures-found.blogspot.com] recently in preparation for a writing class I am teaching today, and I stumbled across this post that I wrote on May 19, 2011

I really enjoyed reading all the things that I wrote back then. I truly had a knack for telling a story. But more than just words, I also have love of visuals, and telling a visual story is just as compelling to me. 

Back then I used my Canon DSLR camera for everything, I bought some filters to turn my lens into a macro and took myself on a photo-safari walk around the riverside park next to my office. I still remember this vividly.

So I made a little collage to remind me that spring is just around the corner....right?!

[Just to be clear...I have actually used this similar set of photos in a challenge back in September 2014...but they are sooooo good and I am sooooo longing for these colors!]


Here's to a hopeful return of sunshine to start the onerous melting process. 
Here's to the Vernal Equinox that is coming on March 20th. 
Here's to the slumbering buds and the dormant blades of grass that are preparing their debut. 
And here's to the coming Saint Patty's Day celebration of all things green (especially my favorite Shamrock Shakes! ;-).

Let's break out all the GREENS we can find for this month's We're All Ears challenge. 

See you right here on Friday, March 19th!

6 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I remember that challenge... I loved the earrings that I made for that one. It was my second year of having my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be fun and a true challenge as I really don't create with green. I am not going to brag about our 67 degree weather here in California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enough green earrings to last a lifetime and I have been waiting for a chance to showcase all of them together. So maybe making one more won't hurt! haa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh so hard this morning! "MAKE. IT. STOP."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, fun challenge, I've GOT to get started, but is that reveal date right? The 19th is a Tuesday. I know it's usually a Friday so was just wondering if it's THIS Friday the 15th or the 22nd. Just want to make sure I have it right. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete