Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

We're All Ears :: August Reveal :: Spoonflower

Looking at all this fun fabric this month makes me want to learn to sew. Except then I remember the disaster of a skirt that I made back in 1984 and I realize that if I got into fabric, I would only stack it and fondle it obsessively.

I love all the great colors and patterns that Spoonflower features. And I love that you can make your own fabric. I wanted to to use as many of the 10 fabrics in the inspiration. I ended up using 6 of them. But pretty good since I started pulling beads around 8:30 pm on Thursday! I put on a favorite pod and pulled all the beads that I could find that spoke to me of the color, shapes, patterns on the fabrics and pretty stoked about what I created.



I enjoyed trying to mimic the patterns on the fabric with the colors and shapes of my beads. Let's see what you did!

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I absolutely see each of the fabrics in your earrings. And, I'm amazed at how many you got done knowing how late you got started on them. I'm really partial to the bottom left and center ones - they have such an earthy feel to them. Beautiful job. And, thank you for the great inspiration once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your creations to be really inspiring that I decided to take part in this reveal in the last minute. Well, not literally but I did manage to create a post in the last tw hours. so thanks for hte inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine will be revealed in a few days ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the inspiration you gave us this month. Your earrings are all on spot. I especially like the blue and white pair of earrings that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs totally reflect the different patterns of the inspiration. This was a fun choice, thank you for making me discover these patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took my time to look for the elements from the fabric patterns in the earrings and really enjoyed it! Your imagination and creativity are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Erin, for providing us every month with brilliant inspiration ideas. Love your earrings.

    ReplyDelete