Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

On The Worktable, Part Two


Hello, hello!  I just finished up my little project that I wrote about last time~

Here are the last pair of charms that Foxpaws sent in our handmade trade!


The richness of the red Jasper stones really brought out the beautiful detail and made them pop.  The stones are oval in shape, and I wanted to prevent the stones from turning so I crossed wrapped them.  




Here are the original supplies that I had pulled.  The vintage beads are an amazing match in color, but I thought they were just a bit too slim and got lost next to the bold, wider charms.  It was actually a difficult decision because the fabric cocoons were incredibly cool and had oodles of texture, but I wanted to add more color without adding additional length.








Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!  Until next time, when we meet again in June!


Loralee xo

16 comments:

  1. I agree, the red stones are the perfect ones for these gorgeous charms. Love the cross wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross wrap. It makes the earrings look magnificient

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those charms are dynamite! I literally gasped at seeing them fully! Beautiful as ever. And reminds me that I need to make earrings for the reveal on Friday. yikes! I guess I know what I will be doing tonight! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel-ya, I've been running so behind in everything lately! I'm really having a hard time parting with these traded pieces...lol

      Delete
  4. I love how different what you ended up with was from where you started. That is the part of the process I love!! And there's no question that the color you selected is absolutely perfect for Jill's glorious charms. I, too, love the X wrap. It changes the feel of a design. Hugs. Happy Days, Loralee. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, isn't that something....it's good to keep trying different things until you get that....ahhhhhhh that's it feeling! Thank you, Norbel xo

      Delete
  5. I have to agree with everyone else----the red jasper is perfect! Beautiful earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, as ever. It's funny - I had the same issue recently when I happened upon one component that was just the perfect match in colour and texture to what I was working with and it seemed crazy not to pair them but they just didn't work together in the design so I had to resist. I think it's particularly a problem in earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowowoowoow!!!!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete