Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Lick and a Promise

"A lick and a promise" is a phrase that my mom used to use to describe making our house presentable now and doing a full housecleaning later.  I'm afraid that my post today is going to be a little bit like that--short and hopefully presentable!--since I've caught my grandson's cold/bronchitis.  I'm not feeling so great, and on top of that, the cough/cold medicine has zombie-fied me to the point where all I really want to do is stare into space 😵 or curl up with a blankie and pillow. ðŸ’—


But I still wanted to share these new earrings with you since they just feel so much like
summer to me, with all the flowers and aqua and lavender!  The lovely blue-and-purple
striated-and-dotted lampie beads are by Terry Turner of Silverfish Designs, and
Raida Disbrow of Havana Beads made the exquisite enameled charms.  I added Czech
rondelles and discs, in purple and aqua; leafy copper bead caps; tiny aqua Swarovski
bicones; and even smaller seed beads, also in aqua.  Thank you, Raida and Terry, for
making these gorgeous beads and components that allow me to make beauty in turn.  ðŸ’—



Thank you all for being understanding.  I promise to be back next time
(May 24, I do believe) with an entire "housecleaning."  😊💗

xoxo
Meridy



8 comments:

  1. Your post is very presentable and oh my, those earrings.... So so beautiful. They have a serene feeling to them. I hope you feel better very soon Meridy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! I'm starting to feel a little better today (Monday, I think!). I've been mostly resting, but I'm going to try to get a few things done today. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Meridy, I hope you can take care of yourself and get better quickly! I love the earrings - they feel like summer energy to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathie! Thank you so kindly! I thought "summer" when I was making the earrings too...just so warm and breezy. I'm slowly feeling better, so hopefully I can get back to business soon. ❤️

      Delete
  3. They are gorgeous Meridy. Hope you feel better soon ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Suhana! I seem to be slowly on the mend, if only the yucchy cough would go away. Patience and more rest, I guess. ❤️

      Delete
  4. Just stunning and those charms...omgoodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meridy. . . . so beautiful, and so you! I would recognize your work anywhere, and that's a good thing!! ;) Please take good care of yourself, above all else. That is the ONLY thing that should take priority in your world. Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete