Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

One Two Three

Hello. I hope all of you in the US were able to enjoy a four-day weekend, and had a good time whatever you did or chose not to do. 😊

One Two Three! meant I was going to make a very cool "quick" pair of earrings with three components: ancient Roman glass, silver chain, and a really wonderful pair of ancient appearing "pods" by Lorna of Balela Ceramics
Earrings Available Here

Rather than go into all of the details of the difficulties I ended up having in making these, I'll just say, it didn't go One Two Three! It took about six hours, maybe more, when all was said and done, that's just making time. It's funny, how something that appears to simple can trip me up. 

I'm pleased with them. They match the vision I had, for the most part. 

The ancient glass is from a strand I purchased from Kim Rogers of Numinosity Beads. She is on vacation but I believe she has strands left. I hope to grab one, also.  

I used one piece of glass in blue and one in green on each earring. 
Earrings listed in SheFliesAgain


Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll be back in two weeks.

May you have Happy Days, each and every one of them!


Norbel
SheFliesAgain on Etsy
You can visit me on FB and Instagram, too

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I do hope all is well in your world. <3

      Delete
  2. That reminds me that I bought strand of roman glass from Kimberly Rogers some time ago and I really should use them! I love the simple shape, the swing of the chain and the rustic look of the glass that really feels ancient. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do use the glass. It's wonderful to play with. :) Thank you for your kind words. <3

      Delete
  3. Could every design be that easy as one-two-three. These earrings are beautiful Norbel. Even though it took a bit longer than one-two-three. Well, perhaps because it took a bit longer :) They look like they could have been worn by a female warrior in some tribal distant past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure would be nice. . . . thank you for your kind words, Janine. :) You always make me smile.

      Delete
  4. I think these are inspired Norbel. Beautifully coloured - and I love the pods x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pods are quite something, aren't they? BalelaCeramics, Lorna, makes lovely pieces. Thank you, Lindsay, for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it. <3

      Delete