Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Aegean Sands

This time next week I'll be on my hols in Greece. It's one of our favourite destinations; the Greek people are lovely, it's laid back and relaxed, very family friendly, there's great food for non meat eaters and, of course, it's beautiful and packed with history. What's not to like?

Thinking about at least some time relaxing on the beach with the Aegean lapping on the sand, or walking for miles collecting shells and stones, is my cue for this week's earrings. Brought up at the seaside, I'm a sucker for shells of any kind and have been admiring the work of Greetje Boor of Gloa Glass for some time. In her last show I couldn't resist a couple of pairs - just look at the intricate detail on them - and on both sides too.

The first pair are soft translucent sea green - I paired them simply with creamy rustic pearls and tiny Picasso beads that echo the striped detail in the lampwork.



 
The second pair I glammed up a little with gold ceramic shells from Petra Carpreau, glossy garnet and gold swarowskis. I like the symmetry of these.
 
 
 
 
 
Perfect holiday wear, for day or night. And if its summer where you are, I hope you all have super holidays coming up too - tell us where you are off to?
 
See you in a couple of weeks
 
 
Lindsay xx
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this artist Lindsay. Those beads are gorgeous and you turned them into beautiful earrings. I can only confirm everything you say about Greece. After all it is the country were my husband and I have chosen to live. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janine - I'm certain we will have x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, these earrings really do carry the spirit of the seashore and are beautiful to boot. I've never been fortunate enough to have visited Greece, but I believe you (both of you ladies) when you speak of in superlatives. Have a wonderful holiday, Lindsay, and thanks for introducing us to Greetje Boor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Meridy. Despite the Brexit fiasco, there are so many advantages to being in Europe. A three hour flight is all. xx

      Delete
  4. Lindsay, they're awesome! Every single element and the way you constructed them. Love them both. Enjoy your time in Greece; it sounds like a wonderful way to spend a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Norbel. It's not a cultural hol, as we take our elder grandson, who's nearly 14 and likes to spend the whole week either snorkelling, eating, or sleeping! But space to think and plan. xx

      Delete
  5. Those ARE awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should explore the articles on your website, You should also cover different different categories for articles as you writes awesome. Thanks for sharing this great article with us.
    Nice Charms

    ReplyDelete