Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Colored Feathers, Colored Stones

It's so great to finally be over the flu--and it felt so good to finally be able to sit down and make some new earrings (five pairs in all--I did say it felt good to get back to making things, right?).  ;)  It's also wonderful to be back here at EE with all my beady friends.
You can find these earrings here.

These earrings are a variation on one of my favorite styles.  I made them with these pretty little bumpy purple-and-fuchsia lampwork rondelles by Deborah Crow Roesly, paired with vibrantly colorful polymer clay tribal feathers by Helena Benkoczka.







Complete "recipe" for the earrings:  Deborah's rondelles, Helena's feathers, 3-mm fuchsia Swarovski crystals, scalloped copper bead caps, 3x5-mm tanzanite Czech glass rondelles, small copper jump rings, 15/0 dark fuchsia seed beads, dark fuchsia anodized aluminum jump rings, fuchsia waxed linen cording, and dark pink anodized niobium ear wires.  








The earrings are extremely lightweight and easy to wear.  The backs of the feathers are covered with glazed paper to keep the cord ends tidy and out of sight.

Thanks so much for reading!  I'll be back again in a couple of weeks with some new earrings.  :)

xoxo
Meridy

17 comments:

  1. And we are very happy you recovered from the flu and back to the designer table. Earrings are gorgeous, as always. Love the colors in these feathers and your signature waxed linen "beadcap" is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! It really does feel good to be designing and making again. I appreciate your comment very much. xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad you're healthy, Meridy! What a relief, eh? And how good it feels to get back in there, I know. The earrings are beautiful. I love the scalloped caps with the sparkly blues coming through. 15/0, they must be less than 1mm? Very difficult to work with. Beautiful all the way around. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norbel--boy, it sure is a relief! I thought the cough I had was never going to lift, but it's not too bad now and seems to be willing to leave now. LOL! It just feels so great to feel better, if that makes sense...and I know you understand. Thanks for always being there. Love, love...

      Delete
  3. So glad you are healthy now. Miss you. I love these earrings, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Donna--I'm feeling so much better, finally. I miss you too, dear one! I hope all is well and happy in your world. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely earrings and so happy that you are back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda--it feels wonderful! <3

      Delete
  5. Hi Meridy, glad you're feeling better :) and these earrings are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy and colorful earrings! Great energy and gorgeous design :) So glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pieces are instantly and delightfully recognizable but always some sort of new little spin and never dull. So sorry about your bout of ill health, We can't have that! Hope to see you in the pink in Tucson, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Kim, for your comments about both my work and my health! I appreciate it a lot--and I sure plan to be in great shape for Tucson! :)

    ReplyDelete