Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Art in the Garden

Last weekend I took part in a lovely event. New to me, it was held in the wonderful garden of Jan Lord, a friend of my friend Helen Backhouse (she of Helen's Bat Cave fame).

As well as keeping about 5 acres worth of garden looking magnificent, Jan is a potter, so pottery and ceramics featured quite strongly in the show. 35 artists of all genres, in marquees placed in the garden. Very English - lots of tea and clotted cream scones!


Here's me on Sunday - having left my cardigan at home on the Saturday when it proceeded to pour with rain after the first hour, I had learnt my shivering lesson and took a jacket. Of course, it came out warm and sunny! I'm also wearing my grandson's pumps (I possess no flat shoes, not very useful when you are on grass for 2 days).


                             You wont miss the fact that I have A LOT of earrings for sale.
Here is one of my favourite pairs from the show - a sleek and simple design with copper cones that show off the beautiful colours in Helen's leaves.



And I couldn't resist showing you Tarquin, my lovely pottery tortoise (cheap to feed and no vet's bills). Traded with my neighbour for a necklace - one of the perks of live shows. He's now out in my garden, peeping out from a hosta plant, tasked with keeping the slugs and snails at bay!


                  I'm taking away great memories of a beautiful place, along with several new plants. 




                              Do you love your garden?  Or have  a favourite plant? Tell us about it.

                                                              See you next time

                                                                    Lindsay x

                                                                My Etsy shop

                                                           My Facebook page

14 comments:

  1. love the earrings, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to visit! I used to have a nice little garden before my back decided I could no longer work in it. I had the benefit of a mother-in-law who was president of the garden club and very generous with her green thumb. She would bring me "starters" of beautiful bushes, flowers and trees that we would plant in my yard. Your earrings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Cory. Many of us have that special someone who starts us off. Sorry to hear about your back x

      Delete
  3. I wish I lived nearby so I could visit! That looks great. And your earrings are wonderful. I like the simple cones to highlight the beautiful leaves. And that color.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Thanks so much for the photos of your ownself (love the footwear, dahling!), your wonderful jewelry, the gardens, those gorgeous Helen-leaf earrings (perfection in simplicity), and the gorgeous Tarquin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Meridy. I have to confess, the pumps haven't been returned!

      Delete
  5. Oh what a lovely idea to have it in such a beautiful garden.... those earrings (as usual) are gorgeous, beautiful colours.
    And yes sounds like a good trade for Tarquin, he's fab. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super Elaine - but so weather dependent.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad the weather cleared up for you on the 2nd day. What a lovely setting and fabulous pair of earrings! The turtle is so cute, awesome trade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trading - it's win win for everyone. Yes, what a difference the weather makes to an outdoor show.

      Delete