Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Honestly, Honesty!

How is it going in your corner of the world? After a couple of fabulous weekends when we were out in the sun it's decided to throw a strop here today and we've had hail, rain and even a bit of snow on the higher ground. You never know what's coming!

Nevertheless, I've managed to get out and try to begin putting our garden in some sort of order after winter. We lost a very long fence to a storm in November so there's been a mess to sort out after it was replaced. Fencing blokes have big feet!

I have flowers and gardens on the brain at the moment, with an on line show 'English Country Garden' coming up over the weekend and a real life show in the middle of May at a very beautiful garden fairly local to me, a tiny hamlet on the edge of the Forest of Bowland called Cow Ark.

'Art in the Garden' will have 35 artists of every discipline showing their work around a huge woodland garden, all in small marquees. Hoping for good weather of course but at least we will be under cover if it decides to turn inclement. And being England, there is always tea and cake!

Some of the leaves that my friend Helen Backhouse uses for her polymer clay moulds come from this garden so it's quite personal. I asked Helen for something new and special for the shows coming up and she made these stunning pieces with leaves from an honesty plant. A proper old fashioned country garden plant if ever there was one (and it comes in purple).



They're a really unusual shape and she has some wonderful greens, deep berry blues and wine colours in them.



I added old bronze chain and wire wrapped some sparkly goldstone beads for the berries. The wine coloured streak down the centre of the leaves is perfectly echoed by the deep pink of the niobium earwires.




I promise to take plenty of pics over the weekend for you plant lovers out there!
 
See you in two weeks. If you're interested in the earrings, they'll be on sale with plenty more in the Facebook group LBA Galleria Showcase this Sunday. Maybe I'll see you x 
 
Lindsay xx
 
 

17 comments:

  1. I have said it before... the designs of Helen and you are magic together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Janine. I'm always excited to see what she has new for me to play with x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you. There are some very individual artists writing here - glad you find it informative and thankyou for joining us x

      Delete
  4. Lindsay, how cool to see the actual leaves that some of Helen's creations come from...and those earrings are INCREDIBLE! The leaves are just extraordinary! Oh, so well done, both of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridy - I brought some home from Helen's for planting, so lets see how they get on. x

      Delete
  5. I love leaves that have red or purple lines on them and these earrings are seriously magical and capture nature beautifully well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Magical what she does with clay. I love the depth of texture and color in these leaves, and of course, your earrings are dynamite. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin - Helen is a magician with colour. You can tell she has art training x

      Delete
  7. Lindsay, I must tell you that I will love to see photos from the event in May. Gardens are truly breathtaking to me. I do not do outdoor work. Just do not like it. But I love seeing the results others create. I'm always enthralled. Just as I am with your earrings. You work Helen's pieces perfectly. The two of you are in the same energy field. lol carry the same vibration,,,,what you create with what she creates appears to be created together, as one. The two of you will forever be entwined in my mind. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll try to capture the day for you Norbel, It will make a good post, I hope. x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Suhana! I always like what you make with Helens pieces too - you think out of the box with them. x

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous earrings and beautiful leaves! I'm sorry for being late to reply, I'm catching up on posts tonight. I love your work! Nat xoxo

    ReplyDelete