Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Two of our very own!

Earrings Everyday's regular contributors are some of the most talented designers, women who make incredible earrings! Right? Right. Some of them also make wonderful components FOR jewelry and share their talent and components with the rest of us. Working with their elements is always extra fun, and I want to highlight their work in my work. Today I have two pairs of earrings for you: one includes ceramics made by our very own Claire Lockwood from SomethingToDo and SomethingToDoBeads, the second includes ceramics made by our very own Cindy Pack of Art and Soul Jewelry

First Claire: Look at these incredible pieces! Chunky, expertly carved, gorgeously glazed brown crackle and soft green pieces with 3 holes up the side. How cool are these!!



Earrings include Ceramic Components by
Claire Lockwood

I first wired copper back and forth through the holes and then threaded chocolate brown waxed Irish linen through them, strung with Red Creek Jasper heishi beads. Up top I wired, again with copper, all natural Green Quartz and a yellow stone of some sort. I apologize I don't know exactly what they are, perhaps a Jasper, Mookaite? Not sure but they're a great contrast to the earthy browns and greens. I love these.

Now Cindy: 
Earrings include Ceramic Components by
Cindy Pack of Art and Soul Jewelry
I LOVE Runes in jewelry. They really transport me back in time, and Cindy's pieces are so expertly made, perfectly rustic, as if they could have been unearthed. The Quartz disks above the ceramic Runes were unearthed. These disks were found in Africa and date to the Neolithic Age. (a brief description below) No matter how you look at it, they are O-L-D and I love them! There are two different kinds of bone beads in these earrings, as well as coconut shell disks and tiny clay beads from Mali. No wire was used. All the connections are made with waxed linen. I knew I wanted to use a fair amount of beads and wanted to keep the weight down. The long threads of waxed linen look very cool when the earrings are on, framing the face so softly.

So fun earrings start with excellent components. And these two ladies make great stuff! :) 

Thanks for stopping by! I will be doing more like this with the other component designers. I'm here the first and third Tuesdays of the month. See you in March! Til then. . . Happy Days! Peace. Norbel

Norbel Marolla
She Flies Again Etsy Shop
She Flies Again on Facebook
She Flies Again on Amazon Handmade

(From Wikipedia) The Neolithic Age, or New Stone Age, was a period in the development of human technology, beginning about 10,200 BC, according to theASPRO chronology, in some parts of the Middle East, and later in other parts of the world[2] and ending between 4,500 and 2,000 BC.
Traditionally considered the last part of the Stone Age, the Neolithic followed the terminal Holocene Epipaleolithic period and commenced with the beginning of farming, which produced the "Neolithic Revolution". It ended when metal tools became widespread (in the Copper Age or Bronze Age; or, in some geographical regions, in the Iron Age). The Neolithic is a progression of behavioral and cultural characteristics and changes, including the use of wild and domestic crops and of domesticated animals.

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning earrings! Thank you for the mention Norbel! Your earrings are a work of art! I am a big fan of Claire's beads too. Both sets of earrings are truly beautiful! You've taken these beads and made each set your own and brought them to life. <3 Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, Cindy!! I truly love your runes. They hit my soul. :) Thanks for your awesome words. Hugs. <3

      Delete
  2. Truly awesome earrings and love to the art bead makers! I think they each are so very unique. Great history on those beads and I love the way you wrapped the sides of those shield shapes. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, thanks so much! I appreciate your feedback a lot! Great day to you, too. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Norbel, STUPENDOUS! You are flying again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see your latest work Norbel and they way you worked up these components makes them shine. It's great when components can inspire you to such original designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim! So happy to see you here again! :) As always, I appreciate your feedback, and thank you!

      Delete
  5. Love that you have showcased two EE contributors here! Beautiful earrings with miles of personality :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you, Nikki. I liked the idea and I'll do it again. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. I just adore what you've done with both pairs here. You always having me thinking, 'Wish I'd thought of that...'. Thanks so much for featuring my beads - and buying them! I must get some of Cindy's some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to trade anytime Claire! I am a big fan of your beads! True little works of art! <3

      Delete
    2. Claire, thank you so much! It's always a bit dicey to show what you've made with someone's components. ) So I am happy you like them. I love your beads, and love working with them. They challenge me! Thanks again.

      Delete
    3. Claire, thank you so much! It's always a bit dicey to show what you've made with someone's components. ) So I am happy you like them. I love your beads, and love working with them. They challenge me! Thanks again.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I just love what you created with those wonderful components of Claire and Cindy. A true collaboration of three amazing designers.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, your words lift me up! Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. Janine, your words lift me up! Thank you!!

      Delete