They had an odd evolution, this pair. I came across this little (ever so simple!) cold enamelling set that I acquired years ago, and realised that I had a small selection of blanks that I bought to use with it. These feathers looked fun and it seemed a shame to leave them unused, so I roused the enamelling set from its rusty, dusty slumber and splashed some red on the feathers. I then blackened the tops with LoS, and gave them some brushing, etc..
I had this earring design in mind and I made one but it wasn't quite what I planned - there was supposed to be more going on. Undecided, I put it to one side. I came across it some weeks later, when I had some time to kill. Still in two minds, I made the second earring up and, lo, despite all my havering, I actually liked them!
Bye for now, Claire