Pages

Friday, July 10, 2020

Jewelled Hearts

Hello!
I really wanted to incorporate cup chain into my beadwoven designs.  I know it's very common in bead embroidery but I've not seen it in beadweaving.  I tried first by wire wrapping the cup chain in my usual manner....but when I went to add the beadwoven sections around it (and on the inside) it turned in to a right mess. This was a while ago.  
I gave it another try, I thought if I used the same method as bead embroidery I might get better results. It worked however it is very very labour intensive but the result is amazing (I think so :D)  

These are the first earrings in this design.  I'm pretty sure there will be more.    


I combined red, light and dark pink, orange, gold and then matte silver grey to tone it down a little.  I've used beautiful porcelain bells by Lonely Seagull as the dangles.  


Hanging view.


That's all for this week.  These will be available in my group later today.  Thank you and see you soon 

Suhana <3


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I have never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very cool way to use cup chain! Good for you for sticking with it until you found a way to make it work.

    ReplyDelete