Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

New Beginnings

Today we got to meet our new baby grandson, Kai Landig! Grandma and Grandpa got to hold him and give him lots of loves! See how content he looks in his Grandpa's arms!
However, as far as blogging goes, you'll have to forgive the blurry earring photos.
I'm editing them on my phone, in the motel room near our son's  house, whereas I usually take them with a regular camera and edit them in Photoshop,  on my laptop.
If you do crafts of any type, have you had days where your hands seem to have a total disconnect from your brain and they bungle anything you try to do? I was having such a day when I made these earrings. The first earring came together reasonably easily,  but the second - gah! Either the decorative, crossed wires on the pearl, wouldn't lay flat or the cross was too high up and couldn't be coaxed back in place or....you get the idea. I had to keep cutting it apart and starting over. And this was Sterling silver wire I was mangling! 
Anyway, eventually I wrestled it into compliance. 
The earrings feature my own handmade ceramic dangles, colored mother of pearl beads and sterling silver. I named them New Beginnings in honor of Kai's new beginning in this crazy world of ours. 💖
Linda Landig Jewelry 






6 comments:

  1. Ah, welcome to the world Kai! More important than any earrings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations :)A grandson is indeed much more important than earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled for you! Congratulations!! Beautiful earrings as well xo

    ReplyDelete