Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Keeping it simple

So, I've had these beautiful ceramic pieces by Spanish artist Mari Carmen Rodriguez Martinez of Majoyoal in my beady stash for a while. The colours and texture of Mari's work are so striking -beautifully luscious! They always make me think of summer, perhaps because i often have pieces with me when i go to Spain on holiday (yes, I take beads with me when i go away!) and they have a very Spanish feel to them.

It's fun to think of new designs and different ways of using components. However, sometimes I like to keep it simple....less is more, right?

Recently, I got some new lilac recycled chunks, which i thought would go beautifully with Mari's indigo ceramic charms. Pretty seed beads accent the ceramic and glass components, and some stainless steel earwires for contrast

 This next pair have aqua green recycled glass chunks. The same simple design to show off those beautiful charms
Both pairs will be available in my next Facebook showcase over on The Earrings Show on 30th June. See you in a couple of weeks
Sue 

6 comments:

  1. Striking colours, striking style. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... I really like how you used the seed beads on these! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Sue 😍❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, but not less beautiful. Love these Sue. Soft mixture of colors and your signature use of seed beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the way the blue glaze works on these components. You made them sing. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete