Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

Snow Birds

     We finally got a decent snow here. I so enjoy seeing the birds flock to our bush right beside the living room window. Nature and, especially, birds are so inspiring to me when I create jewelry.

This first pair I thought of snowbirds flying through a snow storm. Aren't these polymer birds from Smitten Beads UK amazing? The gorgeous mirror black Czech glass beads were also found at Smitten Beads UK. Some darling rhinestone hearts hang from the bottom. A little snow, ice, and dazzle.


And these white bird earrings I created for Beadworks magazine's winter issue. I wanted white and the beauty of a winter snow. The ceramic white birds are the wonderful creations of Blueberri Beads. I was all about sparkle with both earrings. So I added rhinestone rondelles below the birds and wonderful brass triangles with a rhinestone.


I leave you with a photo of my snowy bird feeder complete with a Snowbird. Or as they are better known, Juncos.
 
Remember inspiration can be found all around you,

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janine! Winter and snow makes me think sparkly :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! A bit of romance never hurts ;)

      Delete
  3. Jetta your work is always inspiring and very thoughtful and beautiful. Thank you always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the Juncos are one of our favorites! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both those earrings. Thanks for the mention clever one. ...and I love snow too, wish we had some. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These earrings are a perfect expression of winter. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorably quaint! I love the little sparkle accents that remind me of the glistening snow. I don't like snow, but it is pretty to look at! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birdies and bling--who could ask for more? Such great earrings, Jetta! xoxo

    ReplyDelete