Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankfulness


As I write this, on the day before Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., I'd like to share a new pair of earrings with you but also take a minute to thank all the many wonderful and varied artists who've made the beautiful



beads, charms, and other elements I've been privileged to turn into handmade jewelry over the years.  Just as I was drawn to the beauty they created, I hope I've been able to create some beauty in return.  

These new earrings are clearly a study in blue!  Lampwork artist Beth Mellor of Beeboo made all three sets of beads, in three shades of blue.  I love the beautiful streaky hollow beads that I recently bought from her, and the little heishi-like beads in a slightly darker shade.  I added to the stack of blues another gorgeous pair of Beth's rondelles that I'd had for a while, smaller, in a rich darker blue.    




I had a blast painting artist Kelly Luttrell's beautiful rustic pewter charms several different shades of blue, and then I wrapped everything together with lightly oxidized sterling silver wire and hung them from matching ear wires. 



One more thing.  I'm also grateful to everyone at Earrings Everyday for the friendship and the welcome I've always felt here.

I'll see you all next month!  💗

xoxo
Meridy
My shop
My Facebook page

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Meridy, thank you. These earrings are beautiful, the different shades of blue go so well together. And your painting on the charms is perfect. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, sweet Meridy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much, Janine! I always appreciate your warm support of everyone here at EE. You're just the best! 💗xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Meridy!! Great job on the painting ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Miss Meridy! I am grateful for you! you always shine a beautiful light on the pretty art beads. I love the variety of hues that you used here and the painting of the components that really makes it sing. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talents with the world! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meridy, what a wonderful post, in every way. I am very grateful for your friendship. It means a lot to me. As it also does to see you and your work here. You are a special lady. Your painting on these pieces is so well done! And all the blues combined into such a lovely sea of color. Beautiful. Thank you, Meridy, for all that you are. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Norbel--your words mean SO much to me. I've missed talking to you...I'll have to remedy that. I feel like we need to catch up! Lots of love to you, my friend! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh my these are stunning! That blue! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blue is like the Aegean Sea - my favourite place to be. Clear and clean and sparkling x

    ReplyDelete