Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Pretty painted brass

I haven't had much time for making jewellery over these past couple of weeks. Family and work commitments have taken over and if it wasn't for this blog, I'd have nothing new made! Whenever I have a break from creating, I always find it difficult to start again. Typically, I surround myself with components, but this never helps!
So, I took a deep breath and just pulled out this beautiful pair of hand-painted brass charms by my fabulously talented friend, Suhana Hart of Buttoned Up Beads. Aren't the colours beautiful? I love the pattern too. I added some pretty brass hoops and picked out the colours with these fabulous seed beads and lentils (they're from a new range at Smitten Beads. Really worth checking out). Although this design is pretty simple, it took me a good couple of hours until I was happy with it. Out of practice, y'see.
Thought I'd share these other two pairs featuring Suhana's painted brass charms. These include beautiful lampwork beads by UK artist Joanne Joyce, brass triangles and pretty earwires by Lucy Haslam

And this final pair, with heart shaped charms, and some rather lovely chunky recycled glass, and more brass hoops
So, all of these are available in my etsy shop. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back in a couple of weeks, when hopefully the creative juices will be flowing a little more speedily!
Sue x

9 comments:

  1. They’re all stunning Boss, top pair is my fave 😁 😍❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these earrings are sound proof you are very talented Sue. All three are gorgeous. I agree, the painted brass components from Suhana are beautiful. And you enhanced them perfectly with your signature seed bead use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did fabulous with a little push to create again. I love your layering! The colors are all playful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty painted lovelies! I especially love the bright colors. That last pair just sings with the shapes and the choices you made in the layering. Really wonderful! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all three! I don't know about simple but anyway the skill is in putting the beautiful components together in the perfect way, which you do every time. And that is a real talent in itself! C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, they're all beautiful. Love the little bit of asymmetry in the second pair. I didn't realize Suhana painted brass! Good thing to know! I love your use of hoops/rings, etc. I used to use them a lot; not sure why I got away from them, really. Your jewelry is inspiring me to pull them out again! You use them expertly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work as always! The third pair is my fav <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, these are just fabulous, each pair in its own way! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete