Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

insert catchy title here ;)

Hello! Happy February to all of you. I do hope this finds you and yours healthy and well, and enjoying the days.

I have a new shop to share with you today. Ceramicists, Gail and Arnold, husband and wife, who spent the majority of their lives in South Africa and are now residing in Germany. I would imagine at least some of you have stumbled into their shop. Its name is SandCeramicBeads. Their style is unique and rustic.
earrings are available here 

In the first pair I used two different focals. The top beads are made with a rich  brown clay and have a tribal design in aqua, and aqua bars that have two holes. They were made for and sold as "closures," toggles, but I could not resist using them off label as connectors. ☺

African Fabric Beads
can be found here













One of my favorite things made by SandCeramicBeads are these really lovely tiles that are inspired by African fabrics. I used a pair in the second pair of earrings; this is a small set in soft, muted tones of salmon pink, an almost wheat-like yellow, pale blue and a deep blue. Gail has a new series in the shop right now that have a bit different coloring and a wonderful story. All of the upper beads I used were handmade in Africa. Beautiful unusual bright peach recycled glass beads and blue beads from a strand of handmade African seed beads. All of those beads were purchased from a nicely stocked shop, RedEarthBeads.  
earrings are available here


The third pair has a southwest vibe. Beautiful blue leaves by Gail and Arnold; awesome and rustic, natural ceramic disks were made by Jana Bliznakova of HappyFishThings.


I had great fun working with these pieces, and will no doubt be using more. Here are a few of the others I have in my collection. They also make and sell many, many strands of beads. I'm sure you will enjoy browsing.


The earth and moss beads are calling me. :)

As always, I thank you so very much for spending a few minutes to check out what we're doing here.

If you have any questions about anything in the designs, let me know. I didn't discuss any processes, nor many of the accompanying beads. I was excited to share SandCeramicBeads with you.

Thank you! May your days be filled with lots of creativity! It is therapeutic and then some!

Gratefully,
norbel
I am also on Facebook and Instagram :)

p.s. I hope everyone knows that when I share new shops the way I do, it is because I've fallen in love with their work. Etsy is what I call a "sea of shops." There often is no rhyme nor reason to why one shop sells and another doesn't. When I see unusual, quality work, made by caring artisans, I want to share it with anyone who might be interested so that the makers can potentially achieve the success they deserve. 





9 comments:

  1. You make such unique and beautiful earrings Norbel!! I love that you share your finds because as you say, it's a "sea of shops" so any time you can point out something I think we all appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you appreciate it. I know I always appreciate hearing of new places that I might like. Yes, I could keep it to myself, but it just doesn't work for me. We all have our own styles and unique way of creating, and rarely will it make a difference if others use the same pieces. It's done all the time! :) Thank you, Kristi.

      Delete
  2. In shall certainly be checking them out Norbel - and thankyou for sharing with us. Your earrings are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this shop with us Norbel. I haven't heard from them before, so I will certainly check them out. Your earrings are wonderful as always. You have a unique style (urbany-tribally-grunchy... Norbelly!). And I love the big X wrap on the second pair ;-) I believe you are the original creator of the x-wrap, now so often seen in designs from other artists. Credits to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine I do think you will find things you like in the shop. And such lovely people. I chuckled at the urbany tribally etc. if you've ever read the paragraph at the top of my shop, I talk about that!! There isn't a category I can put them neatly into. I love your description. Re the X, I don't think most people have noticed it over the years. It was like I had a secret. lol but from the first time I used it, I knew it was going to be a keeper. I just like it in a lot of my work. Thank you Janine! Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Norbel, what a great post! I LOVE your earrings, especially the salmon pink/dark blue/gorgeous tile ones--and the X-wrap, which is SO cool! Thank you for introducing me to two new shops too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete