Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Stacked Earrings

Me and four of my beading friends have had a thing going on for a while. We call it The Stacked Earrings Challenge. The idea has been that we take turns in sending the others in the group the same small selection of beads, possibly suiting to make earrings in a stacked style from. So that we all have the same beads as a start point to work from. We make as many earrings as we want. At least three of the beads in each pair should come from the lot we were sent. Then we all blog about the earrings we made on the same day and compare what everyone came up with, and get very inspired of course :-).

It was I who introduced the idea about 1,5 years or so ago, at a time I just felt in need of some interacting inspiration from beading buddies around the world. I am so happy that they wanted to join in. And then we just continued taking turns. Yesterday was the fifth and last reveal for us. I am a little sad that it's over, but mostly so happy and grateful it's been such a great thing to do.

Anyway, so now I thought I'd share with you a couple of the earrings from my own last reveal from yesterday.

The three beads in the center come from this time's challenge lot put together by Heidi Post. The rest from my own stash. The two circles are made by MissFickleMedia.

All the beads including the bent copper tubes come from Heidi's lot. I added the handmade earring hooks and the head pins from Sacha Crow.


If you are interested to see more of the reveals from the Stacked Earrings Challenge I highly recommend it. A good starting point would be my own blog post:
http://beadingbymalindekoning.blogspot.se/2016/11/stacked-earrings-challenge-reveal.html
And from there you can find the links to the other ladies in the group. Our own Claire Lockwood is one of them.


7 comments:

  1. I love stacked earrings! The hoops are cool but those long tubes are my favorite!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a superb idea, Miss Malin! I love what you came up with. Participating in challenges takes you out of your zone but opens up so many possibilities! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for coming up with this great idea Malin - I've enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea Malin. Thank you so much for sharing. And I love your earrings, especially the second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two absolutely beautiful pairs! I have to say, those hoops are great - and I can only imagine how difficult it was to get the middle hoops in both to be centered just right!

    ReplyDelete