Pages

Monday, June 1, 2020

Recycled Glass

Hello!

Here we are in June already. I have a busy week ahead, working on some custom orders, including a pair of these earrings with long silver headpins and recycled glass chunks which were popular in my showcase last week.

The headpins are fun to make -they just involve cutting some pieces of sterling silver wire and heating the ends until they form little balls. They're then quenched and cleaned and oxidised (I love oxidised silver!). This is how they started out before they were darkened with liver of sulphur:-


I added some wavy silver spacers (also oxidised) because I liked the shape of them, and shaped the headpins simply to form earwires. I like the geometric feel to these -it mirrors the shape of the recycled glass chunks.  I am lucky to have a healthy supply of recycled glass in lots of colours, courtesy of a friend who has brought them back from South Africa for me. Thought I'd make a pair in aqua for my next showcase, as well as the lilac. These colours remind me of summer :-)

That's all from me. See you in a couple of weeks

Sue

3 comments: