Pages

Monday, July 15, 2019

Stack 'em up

Hello there earring people!

So, I've been busy learning some new silversmithing skills, and so to be honest, I've not been paying attention to my beads and wire. I can get like this sometimes. If something takes my attention, I can be quite obsessive about it. But I wanted to create something non-silver for this blog, if only to prove I can still use that bit of brain!

So, I came across these glorious ceramic gold headpins and textured inky blue ceramic beads by the fabulously talented Claire Lockwood. There they were - having been hoarded in my beady stash for quite a while (I'm always reluctant to part with Claire's pretty things).


 I recently bought some very pretty lapis lazuli rondelles - two types - shiny/ smooth and rough and some pyrite. The inky blue of the lapis and the gold sheen of the pyrite are a good match for the colours in Claire's ceramics, don't you think? I thought they looked good all stacked up on the gold headpins. I like the matching colours, but also the contrasting shapes and textures. Stacking beads is a fairly simple design, but  a good opportunity to play with different shapes and colours.




That's me done for July! I'll be back in September
And these earrings will be available in my August showcase over on The Earrings Show in Facebook Land

Sue x
Utterly Lovely Stuff

11 comments: