Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Gradations...

There are times that I've bought beautiful components because I fell in love with them, and sometimes they've sat in a drawer for years.  And there are the "most of the time" purchases, the ones that are transformed into jewelry fairly quickly, though I don't always know immediately how or what to design with them.  And then there are the times when I know exactly what I want to do with something the moment I see it.

Seeing (and buying) these charms by Inviciti was one of those times.


The first thing I wanted to do with these charms was to paint the crescent moons a pearlescent white and then string 15/0 glass seed beads on 2-ply gray Irish waxed linen thread and wrap them around the charms.   


My usual modus operandi would be to search through all of the most rich, saturated colors I could get my hands on (because COLOR!), but for the Lady Moon and these lovely dark and rustic charms I wanted to stay with a palette based on moonlight, moonshadow, and the dark of the night sky, so I chose an ombre shading of pearl white, into silver, into dark gray, into black (and back again).





The earrings are lightweight, with backings of fine paper to cover the thread and ensure the strength of the earrings.

Many thanks to you all for reading.  I will be back on the second Thursday in February!  Love you all!  💗

xoxo
Meridy

My Shop
My FB Shop


19 comments:

  1. Love them, Meridy!! So, beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool and you do magic with neutrals apparently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! I had lots of fun with these!

      Delete
  3. You are so clever! I would never have thought of embellishing these charms. So much fun. And you do color AND neutrals so very well! I agree with Kimberly: magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janine! We're all so different (which is the way it should be!). The first thing I thought of when I saw the charms was, "Oooh, crescent moons to paint--and all that space to put beads!!"

      Delete
  4. Oh my, just beautiful Meridy. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very kindly, Suhana! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work, Meridy! Love! and we thank you SO very much! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vincent! I'm glad you like 'em! It's always a pleasure to create with your and Nooma's art. ❤️

      Delete
  7. So totally striking! I love that you added such great details in color and texture. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever! I love Inviciti and have been hoarding my stash.

    ReplyDelete