Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Gorgeous ceramics

Hello! My turn on the blog again. Mojo has been lacking recently -too many things to do, and creative pursuits are always the first things to be shelved. But this morning, I had some time. And the mojo returned! 

Looking in my stash for some inspiration for this blog, I came across some seriously beautiful discs from the magnificent Claire Lockwood of Something to do with your hands. As always, with Claire's work -the colours and glazes on these ceramics are stunning. I worked on these gorgeous deep purple discs first.
I thought Jana Bliznakova's wonderfully tribal stoneware beads added a nice contrast to the glossy purple of  Claire's little concave discs. I added some pretty czech glass teardrops, brass chain and some purple glass spacers. 

For this next pair, Claire's ceramic discs were the starting point again. A gorgeous blue-green glaze on these. 

A dash of czech glass again (this time a little green flower in the centre of the discs) with more chain and a wrapped green czech glass teardrop. I went with some rustic, chunky African recycled glass beads this time. 

They will be in my etsy shop. Hope you like them. See you in December :-)


18 comments:

  1. Yep, I like them :) Glad your mojo is back. Wonderful earrings Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They’re beautiful, mojo is definitely back ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, good to see your creations again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such glorious colours Sue - definitely back in the zone x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Returned Mojo! And the earrings are wonderful, Sue! The colors are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful earring designs. Love the deep colors in the recessed areas that you have layered similar but different colors over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phwoooar, these are beauties! Happy Mojo-in' - whoooop!!XX:0)<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatiful earrings. Heading straight to your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete