Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

We're All Ears :: September Inspiration :: Ode to Autumn

"Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." ~ Jim Bishop

Dear Autumn-
You are so impossibly, ethereally, unbelievably beautiful.
Your sky is a bit more expansive and bluer than it was just a few days ago.
Your clouds are a bit puffier making sunsets so achingly gorgeous.
Your air is a bit crisper causing me to want to bundle up even as your waning sun warms me.
Your trees stand a little taller proudly showing off their forest finery for all to see.
You never cease to take me by surprise, turning cool and smelling of earth all-of-a-sudden overnight.
It takes my breath away each time it happens.
I welcome your return with open arms.


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." ~ Albert Camus

Don't get me wrong. I do love all your sister seasons, each serves her purpose in time.
But none can compare to you, my dear Autumn.
It is maddening that you gift me with the shortest time together.
All the more reason to treasure each shifting landscape,
each lengthening shadow, each dappled leaf.
Oh, that I could bottle you up to keep through all the year!

I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you, Autumn!
And I know that you love me, too, as you never fail to come to me,
as if in a the most lovely of dreams, wrapping me up in your beauty
and whispering truths about the meaning of life every time you pass this way.

My life is better because you are in it.

Love, 
Me

"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald


1 comment:

  1. This post sums up exactly how I feel about Fall. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete